Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Roll your own Plan 9

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/maht/rc/mk_aoe_installer_iso

Though this doesn't have anything aoe specific in the script because my custom kernel is called 9pcflop anyway


I also had to add /386/bin/ramfs to the mix
adding it into termrc and glenda/lib/profile
The proper installer uses bzfs as tmp storage, I stripped that out because touchfs was saying invalid archive and touchfs is an undocumented secret program from /sys/lib/dist/

But that's it, I've cracked open the bottle to custom installers.

Notice the little aoeif=ether0 - I'm on da way :)

You'll need a plan9.ini too

*nomp=1
*nodumpstack=1
partition=new
mouseport=ps2intellimouse
monitor=xga
vgasize=1024x768x8
dmamode=yes
adisk/dev/sdD0/cdboot
cdboot=yes

nobootprompt=local!#S/sdD0/data
bootargs=local!#S/sdD0/data
bootfile=sdD0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz
aoeif=ether0

No comments: