Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Thursday 8 November 2007

DVD burning using AOE

NB: I went back to copying the ISO to a partition and serving that partition and burning from a regular file, I can't remember why atm.


I was hoping that one could vblade 1 1 eth0 /dev/hdc but I get a "read only filesystem" error.

The extra block is for the ext2 file system

# dd 'if=/dev/zero' 'of=/tmp/iso.vblade' 'bs=1k' 'count=' ^`{du some.iso | awk ' { print $1 + 1 } '}
# mkfs -t ext2 /tmp/iso.vblade
# mount -o loop /tmp/iso.vblade /mnt
# cp some.iso /mnt/iso
# umount /mnt
# vbladekey=$pid
# vblade 2 2 eth1 /tmp/iso.vblade &
# vbladekey=''
# ssh MACHINEWITHDVDBURNER
% sudo mount /dev/etherd/e2.2 /mnt
% wodim -dao - < /mnt/iso
% sudo umount /mnt
% ^D
# kill `{ps axwe | grep 'vbladekey=' ^$pid | grep -v grep | awk ' { print $1 } ' }


I hope this worked because I've burned & printed 50 disks from the master I made. I'd better check them before I hand them over :)

No comments: