Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Monday 5 November 2007

Roll your own plan9 iso

I wiped my mkfile by accident by killing the wrong qemu

I edited /sys/lib/dist/pc/sub/termrc [edit fixed this from a comment, thanks i]
added the aoe device, forgot to add the sdaoe device but that's just a user bind anyway - bless plan9

You need write permission on /sys/src/9/pc to build 9pcflop.gz

To be horrible and build it from sources do this :
cd ; mkdir -p other/dist; bind -bc other /n/other; cd /sys/lib/dist/cmd; mk install && mk clean; cd multi ; mk install; mk scripts; mk clean; cd ../..; mk /n/other/dist/plan9.iso

I frigged the mkfile to use '#s/root' instead of /n/sources

and then I pressed Ctrl^c while tidying up the desktop while waiting for the iso to build doh! and then when I restarted the mkfile was dargon empty

3 comments:

iru said...

in case you want it, the path you mentioned for termrc is /sys/lib/dist/pc/sub/termrc

iru said...

i guess you wanted to mention '#s/boot' not '#s/root'

Matt said...

@i thanks for the tips, it's been so long now it is out of my head. so maybe it is boot not root. Finding out will put hairs on your noggin.