Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Monday 2 March 2009

serving 9p from debian

Despite a tried and tested u9fs working, I went the npfs route.

No docs.

I prefer tcpserver over inetd so # apt-get install ucspi-tcp

naively I tried slap:/home/maht/spfs# tcpserver -v 10.0.0.1 564 fs/ufs

mount failed : Hangup

back to u9fs, cba pissing about
can't find a download for u9fs at sourceforge - though I can find the cvs browser so I uploaded it to my webspace

once you've built u9fs with make

cp u9fs /usr/local/bin/u9fs-bin
touch /usr/local/bin/u9fs
ed /usr/local/bin/u9fs
a
#!/bin/sh

u9fs-bin -a none
.
w
q

tcpserver 10.0.0.1 564 u9fs

and away you go
(you'll need your plan9 users as users on Debian and you trust the names)

so you could use -a p9any and use /etc/u9fs.key
I'll check it works in a bit when my 4Gb has finished copying - nope failed for me - giving up

time cp linux /n/slap/home/glenda
0.88u 105.31s 2176.35r cp linux /n/slap/home/glenda


which is 36.26 mins

No comments: