Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Saturday 6 February 2010

Venti a plenti

I had to put a few small things in place before it would work.

First off is a script to run, this must live somewhere Inferno can find, I used % cat /usr/maht/backup
bind '#Uc:' /n/local
vacput -a tcp!10.0.0.1!17034 '/n/local/Documents and Settings/maht/My Documents' >> /usr/maht/my.documents.vac


When you run that and try and unvac it on Lunix first time you'll have some fun because 'My Documents' is dr-xr-x-- so it creates the directory and then sigfaults because it can;t write into it!

So I had to run Inferno andchmod 775 '/n/local/Documents and Settings/maht/My Documents/'
chmod 775 '/n/local/Documents and Settings/maht/My Documents/My Pictures'
chmod 775 '/n/local/Documents and Settings/maht/My Documents/My Music'


Next job is to make a Scheduled Task. I did it as Administrator but gave it the credentials of a normal user.

It's effectively a shortcut with the command line "C:\inferno\Nt\386\bin\emu.exe /dis/sh.dis /usr/maht/backup"

I don't know how fast it's copying, hopefully I'll be able to work it out after it's finished running tonight.

No comments: