Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Monday 28 March 2011

UDP Synced MPlayer on Windows - not yet

Update - udp sync is now part of mplayer Now I *do* have a video wall to build. 28 screens which sounds 7x4 to me.

But they want Windows !! Ok Mplayer for windows exists and there are howtos to compile MPlayer with mingw on Windows.

First ran the automated installer: MinGW from sourceforge

I clicked on Developer version, can see lots of gnu software defiling my system.

First failed instruction is DirectX headers being 404

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/dx7headers.tgz


Ok, a bit more reading, mplayer shoul djust build on Cygwin so I've switched to that. First I'm trying to get my existing mplayer tree to compile, might work out :)


Had to sdd gcc, make, nasm, libiconv, freetype2. freetype brought lots of friends to my cygwin party.

had to get these http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/{dinput,ddraw,dsound}.h

but they are included in the source these days apparently

had fun ewith bswap.h, cygwin defines the functiones therein and then everyone #includes libavutil/bswap.h and it treis to refine them. Wouldn't happen if they didn't abuse #IFDEFs.

codec-cfg doesn't work on Windows, I had to copy etc/codecs.conf to Linux and make codecs.conf.h there /home/maht/mplayer/mplayer/codec-cfg codecs.conf > codecs.conf.h
then on Windows just make the Makefile cp it into place rather than run codec-cfg

/usr/local/math.h log2(x) used float_t which confused matters, so I made it use float instead

I got it to build but it won't run

_feinitialise could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll

No comments: