Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Monday 23 February 2009

Migrating the email

The Opteron has to go back, bye bye now, so I got to move the email.
I'm sticking it on the laptop for a while to give me chance to play with the new Xeon.

So here's what I had to do for when I have to do it next time.
I've done this after doing it so some might get done via dependencies
Install debian Lenny (obviously!)
exim4 already installed
courier-imap
courier-imap-ssl
courier-authlib
courier-authlib-postgresql
postgresql8.3
getmail4
daemontools
daemontools-run
openssh-server and friends

apt-get install xorg-dev
get plan9port.tgz (from laptop should do)
install it

configuring
/etc/postgresql/8.3/main/postgresql.conf
set :
listen_addresses = 'localhost,10.0.0.1,192.168.254.254' # what IP address(es) to listen on;

pg_hba.conf

# "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
local all all trust webmaster
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

copy imap.sql from somewhere

/etc/courier/authpgsqlrc
PGSQL_HOST localhost
PGSQL_PORT 5432
PGSQL_USERNAME imap
PGSQL_PASSWORD whatever
PGSQL_DATABASE imap

/etc/courier/authdaemonrc
authmodulelist="authpgsql"

any problems check
/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.3-main.log
/var/log/mail.err

adduser imap
adduser bang
copy /var/mail from somewhere and sort permissions
(I think chmod -r imap:imap /var/mail would sort it)
if not from laptop fix the paths to rc in shell scripts

add getmail to /etc/service - odd place to put it but oh well
can copy it from laptop now
chmod 600 /var/mail/bang/info_bang.rc
so you can test it without messing up the email in case you have two servers running

all sorted on the incoming

OUTGOING
configure exim with
dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

I told it to listen on al IPs because atm I'm on DHCP
relay for just 10.0.0.0/24

all sorted on outgoing
steponnopets.net is still SPF blocked at proweb - must sort that :<

No comments: