Record of some of the computer tech I deal with so that it's documented at least somewhere.

Saturday 21 February 2009

Venti running on AOE

I started back with my old post and got an aoe target running on tap0 on Linux visible on the plan9 in qemu.

As bootes

bind -a '#æ' /dev
echo bind '#l0/ether0' > /dev/aoe/ctl
bind -a '#S' /dev
echo config switch on spec 1 type /aoe//dev/aoe/555.1 > /dev/sdctl
chmod +rw /dev/sd10/*

I think the 1 in spec 1 is arbitrary and just a name for the sd channel

then as me I did

disk/prep /dev/sd10/data
>>> a arenas 10 1800000
>>> a isect 1800000 2048000
>>> w
>>> q

as bootes I had to chmod +rw /dev/sd10/{arenas isect} so I could format them as me

which I did the same was as I did back in July

but now my venti partition is a linux vblade target not a qemu drive, it was then that I realised that I should be using the qemu drive in my local machine rather than vnc across town :)

And once I got venti up I realised I needed to be running on VDE for aoe on the same box!

No comments: